If your child tends to be nervous, anxious, or hyperactive in the morning, consider these calming activities before school:
1. Ride a bicycle to school
2. Do "animal walks" (such as bear, crab, snake, gorilla, or frog)
3. Calming sensory bins: sand, lentils, beans, or shaving cream
4. Wall push-ups
5. Lay with your belly on an exercise ball, slowly rocking back and forth
6. Have your child lie between two pillows or cushions, then gently apply pressure to the top cushion – you can pretend they are a "sandwich"
7. Apply lotion, using firm strokes to provide deep pressure
8. Drink a thick smoothie through a straw
10. Give your child a bear hug as they head off...